Recipe type: Breakfast / Dinner
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time:10 mins
Total time: 25 mins
- 2 cup all purpose flour
- 6 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 egg, beaten
- 1 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 4 tablespoon butter, melted
- 15 drops red food coloring
- Cream Cheese Glaze
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk (may need a few drop more)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- powdered sugar, garnish
- ) In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, & cocoa powder.
- ) Add in egg, buttermilk, butter, vanilla extract, & red food coloring.
- ) Stir it up gently until combined. The batter should still have a few lumps in it. You don’t want to stir it until it’s completely smooth.
- ) Let the batter sit for 10-15 minutes, while you make the glaze.
- ) In a medium size bowl, add all of the cream cheese glaze ingredients and blend until smooth and silky. Set aside.
- ) Preheat griddle and grease with butter.
- ) When hot, add pancakes. I used ¼ cup per pancake.
- ) Flip with the first few bubbles start to break on the surface of the pancake.
- ) When the other side is soft and pillowy to the touch, it’s done!
- ) Stack on a plate.
- ) Stack one pancake on a plate and spread on a layer of cream cheese glaze.
- ) Repeat with another pancake.
- ) Stack the third pancake and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- ) Pipe on the cream cheese glaze. Serve