Monday, January 16, 2012

Up-Cycle Calenders into beautiful pieces of art work!

Whether you have last years calender still hanging around or are like me and found some new ones for 75% off at the mall (after Christmas sales woohoo!!) This DIY up-cycle tutorial is such a super cheap and easy idea to add some great artwork to your home fast!

What you'll need:
  • frame 
  • calender/ artwork
  • tape to secure picture 
  • scissors to cut artwork out
Vintage Baseball Theme
First pick the calender with a theme you want to use. I got my calender after Christmas at a mall kiosk for 75% off making it only $5 with 12 photos to use! We are going with a vintage baseball theme for the room I'm decorating so I chose accordingly.


Choose which picture you want to display
 

Next choose a frame that will compliment your art as well as be able to hold the desired piece. I got my 11x14 (8x10 window) frame at Micheals Craft store ( and used my 40% off coupon) so my frame ended up being $7.99! You could also probably find some really neat frames at thrift stores for super cheap as well!

When you are all set with your artwork and frame you just need to cut the picture out to fit in your frame nicely, I tape the picture to the frame to make sure it doesn't slip or move out of position when your hanging it. And there you have it, some beautiful artwork for your wall! And best of all the cost could be as low as FREE if you already have a frame and calender that need to be put to work!



Finished Vintage Baseball Frame
Beautiful Vintage Baseball Artwork

No comments:

Post a Comment